8.10.10

Industrial Training @ Batu Lintang Palm Oil Mill (BLPOM), Kedah

1 week into my industrial training and finally I get the chance to blog about it. Hooyah!! It has been a great week. Honestly, I feel blessed to be accepted as trainee here. The manager, assistant managers and the staffs are treating me like one of their own.

In the past months, I have been sending my resume to a few companies and I got three offers in return. After much consideration, I decided to take up this offer and thank God it's the right decision. Haha..

My training location is at Batu Lintang Palm Oil Mill, Serdang, Kedah. It’s one of the palm oil mills belonging to KLK Berhad. This mill started its operation on 1979, so it’s an old mill and most of the machineries are old as well, but due to proper maintenance and some modifications, the mill is still running actively nowadays.

Now let’s move on to the place and people here. The place I’m staying is inside the palm oil estate and it’s only 1km away from the mill. I am the only trainee here and I’m blessed to be sent here. My accommodation is provided, which is an estate bungalow and my room is bigger than the one in Subang’s. Besides that, washing machine, refrigerator, TV with Astro and much stuff are provided. The only thing lacking here is internet connection!!! Cham.. Haha.. Overall it’s still ok.

How about people here?
So far the people I have met are all very kind, especially my manger and his assistants. They always treat me meals and even ask me out for CS gaming session or badminton. Haha.. On top of that, I have found a church here, thanks to the help of my church’s pastor. The nearest church here is 30 minutes away, located at Parit Buntar, Perak. It’s called Parit Buntar Chinese Methodist Church (PBCMC).

Btw, the food here is really cheap.. A normal plate of mee java or wan tan mee costs around RM2.20, but i usually add on for large for ard RM3.00, still cheaper than KL. Haha..

Alrite, time for some pictures:
FFB(Fresh Fruit Bunch) Grading
FFB Loading
(Loading Ramp)
(Driving at nite can be kinda creepy, and dangerous cos it's dam dark)
(Cows are evrywhr)
(The estate house im stayin)
(My safety helmet and safety boots)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
how did u apply for the industrial training at batu lintang palm oil mill?
thanks.

Unknown said...

very good information provided by u all people.
Six weeks Industrial training in Chandigarh

CZC said...

Hey victor, thank you very much for your blogpost as it give a a picture of where i am heading to. Do you still work for KLK now?