5.1.10

Day 1 of BOOTCAMP (JAN)..

1st session of every month is assessment day.. Had a bad feeling 2day as i did not sleep throughout the nite.. Intended to sleep early but ended up couldn't sleep, mainly due to nervousness.. Yes I'm serious, was laying on the bed, trying 2 sleep but my heart was beating very fast, tried to sleep but cant, so woke up and watch PPS instead..

Many recruits were already there b4 me, and quite a lot of new recruits as well.. As usual, we did some warm up and off we go.. The new recruits started the 1st assessment and they did well, better than me on my 1st assessment.. The 1st new recruits completed the circuit at a time of 9 minutes plus.. Knowing that, my pressure was building up, my target this time is to get into the DELTA rank, the highest rank among the 3, the other 2 being SEAL and RANGER..

The 1st assessment is a circuit workout which included:
*400m run
*10 military push-ups
*10 grunts
*15 military sit-ups
(Repeat the whole set 3 times)

On the previous assessment, my time was 12 minutes flat.. This time, my target is below 10 minutes.. Once started, i sprinted in front and led the whole pack.. I was not sure whether it was a rite move but i din't think much, just wanted to push and give my best! The 1st 400m was superb, i felt like turbo-charged, but after the 3 other workouts, I'm starting to get tired, still, I pushed myself and managed to sprint for anothr 400m and did the 3 workouts.. For the 3rd 400m, i slowed down significantly.. But once i reached for the 3 workouts, Sarge Sim and othr recruits were there cheering, encouring us, and i managed to give it a last push and finish it in 8 minutes and 3 seconds..
From 12:00 i improved to 8:03.. HOOYAH!

For the 2nd assessment, it was 1 mile run.. Nothing much to elaborate as i was out of gas for this run.. I guess the effect of not sleeping = no gas in the tank.. Aiks.. I finished it in a worst time compared to previous..
From 9:23 i dropped to 10:13.. Haih..

So, that my time for 2day's assessment.. Hopefully I'm good enough for DELTA, shall wait for the good news..

HOOYAH!

No comments: